• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
Sports

Cummins out of Ashes opener in Perth, likely to miss full series: Report

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • October 8, 2025
  • 0 COMMENTS

New Delhi, Oct 8 (IANS) Australia captain Pat Cummins is expected to miss the Ashes opener in Perth with a possibility that he may miss the entire Test series against England as the scans revealed his back stress problem had not yet healed.

Cummins had been battling back soreness since featuring during Australia’s tour of the Caribbean in July and recent scans confirmed a lumbar bone stress to the affected area.

According to Sydney Morning Herald report, Cummins is no chance for the opener in Perth, starting on November 21, and may even miss all five Tests, leaving Steve Smith as the likely stand-in skipper to face England.

The 32-year-old pacer Cummins had the update scan last week to clarify his progress ahead of the Test summer and was told that while the stress “hot spot” was healing, it has not yet cleared up enough for him to bowl, the report added.

The loss of Cummins with a back stress injury is a massive blow to Australia’s chances of retaining the Ashes urn that Australia have held since 2018.

In Cummins absence, fellow quick Scott Boland looks his most likely replacement, with experienced trio Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Nathan Lyon almost certain to feature.

Last month, the Aussie Test captain had put a loose timeline on his return to the bowling crease.

“I’d imagine (I’d want to be bowling) at minimum a month out, maybe six weeks,” Cummins said at a Cricket Australia sponsorship announcement on Wednesday.

“But I’ve not thought that deeply about it yet. It’s still a bit of a wait and see. We’ve got plenty of time, so we’ll map a way back when we get closer. At the moment for the next few weeks it’s pretty light. Not much running and zero bowling,” he had said.

–IANS

bc/

Post navigation

Cough syrup tragedy: Congress to hold candle march in Madhya Pradesh today
Andhra Pradesh CM congratulates PM Modi on entering 25th year as head of govt

Related Post

Maha, Haryana, UP, Mumbai reach semis of National Physical Disability Cricket Championship
May 23, 2026
IPL 2026: We only have ourselves to blame for this situation, says Ponting ahead of PBKS’ must‑win clash
May 23, 2026
Asian Junior Individual Squash: India assured of eight medals in China
May 23, 2026
IPL 2026: Raghuvanshi ruled out of KKR’s campaign due to concussion and finger fracture
May 23, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • Maha, Haryana, UP, Mumbai reach semis of...
  • Manipur CM appeals against shutdowns, calls for...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer