• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
India News News

ED files charges against 8 more individuals in Jharkhand tender scam case

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • October 24, 2025
  • 0 COMMENTS

Ranchi, Oct 24 (IANS) The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has named eight more accused in its fourth supplementary prosecution complaint (PC) filed before the Special PMLA Court, Ranchi, in connection with the Jharkhand tender scam case, allegedly linked to former state minister Alamgir Alam, an official said on Friday.

The Ranchi Zonal Unit of the ED filed the fresh supplementary complaint on Wednesday as part of its ongoing money laundering investigation into a large-scale corruption syndicate operating within the Rural Works Department of the Jharkhand government.

“This supplementary complaint arraigns eight new accused persons — including contractors, aides, and family members of officials — for their active role in the generation, handling, and laundering of proceeds of crime,” the Enforcement Directorate said in a statement.

With the inclusion of these names, the total number of accused in the case has now risen to 22, the agency added.

The ED had arrested Alamgir Alam on May 15 last year in connection with the alleged commission racket linked to the department’s tender process.

Earlier, on May 6, the agency had carried out extensive raids at the premises of Alam’s Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Sanjeev Lal, his domestic help Jahangir Alam, and several contractors.

The searches led to the seizure of over Rs 35 crore in cash, including Rs 30 crore from Jahangir Alam’s residence, Rs 2.93 crore from contractor Munna Singh, and Rs 2.14 crore from contractor Rajiv Singh.

Investigations indicated a widespread commission racket in tender allotments, with a substantial portion of the kickbacks allegedly funnelled back to Alamgir Alam.

A senior Congress leader, Alam served as a cabinet minister in the Hemant Soren and Champai Soren governments, as well as the Congress Legislature Party leader in the Jharkhand Assembly. He resigned from both positions following his arrest.

–IANS

rch/pgh

Post navigation

10 favourite Indian destinations to welcome 2026
Healthcare must enable more private sector participation to attain global benchmarks: Minister

Related Post

Syama Prasad Mookerjee was a ‘true well-wisher’ for Assam: CM Sarma
May 23, 2026
First chargesheet filed in Nashik TCS harassment case, eight yet to be filed
May 23, 2026
PM Vishwakarma scheme all set to roll out in West Bengal
May 23, 2026
Bar Council suspends Samarth Singh’s licence amid Twisha Sharma case probe
May 23, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • Premier League: Day of goodbyes as final...
  • Syama Prasad Mookerjee was a ‘true well-wisher’...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer