• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
India News News

Tejashwi Yadav launches fierce attack on NDA just 12 days into ‘100-day silence’ pledge

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • January 25, 2026
  • 0 COMMENTS

Patna, Jan 24 (IANS) Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader and Leader of the Opposition Tejashwi Yadav on Saturday broke his self-imposed “100-day silence” to launch a sharp attack on the central government and the ruling alliance in Bihar.

Following his defeat in the Bihar Assembly elections, Tejashwi returned to Patna on January 11 after a prolonged absence and announced that he would refrain from commenting on the new government for 100 days. Speaking to the media at Patna Airport at the time, he said the people had “lost the election while the system won” and that he would assess the government’s performance after 100 days.

However, just 12 days later, Tejashwi abandoned the silence during a function marking the birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Karpoori Thakur at the RJD office in Patna. After the tribute programme, he unexpectedly addressed the media and went live, launching a scathing critique of the ruling dispensation.

Tejashwi accused the BJP leadership of over-centralising the Bihar elections, alleging that Prime Minister Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah were “permanently stationed” in the state during the campaign. “Amit Shah made Hotel Maurya his home. The entire Union Cabinet was here. It felt like there was no other work in the country except the Bihar elections,” he said.

Questioning their absence now, he asked, “Where is the Prime Minister today? Where is Amit Shah? Why didn’t anyone even tweet about the suspicious death of the NEET aspirant?”

He alleged a complete breakdown of law and order in Bihar, claiming that shootings, murders, and kidnappings had become routine. “There is not a single day when hundreds of rounds are not fired. The people know nothing good will come from this government,” he said.

Accusing the NDA of misusing power, Tejashwi alleged that constitutional institutions had been hijacked and democracy captured through money, manipulation, and administrative machinery.

Hitting back at allegations of dynastic politics against the RJD, Tejashwi said the BJP-led government itself was rife with dynastic politics. “They accuse us, but look at the BJP cabinet today. People who have never won elections have been made ministers,” he said, citing examples to highlight what he called the NDA’s double standards.

Reiterating his post-poll claim, Tejashwi said, “In Bihar, the people lost, and the system won. Everyone saw how elections were won using money, power and machinery.” He claimed that even NDA leaders avoided public celebrations, confining their victory events to party offices.

Invoking Karpoori Thakur and Lalu Prasad Yadav, Tejashwi declared that he would never bow to power. “We received 1.9 crore votes. This is proof of the people’s trust,” he said.

He also questioned the NDA’s election promises, asking, “Where are the one crore jobs? Where are the factories? Where is the employment roadmap, and why was the manifesto finished in just 38 seconds?”

Accusing the ruling alliance of practising “politics of lies and deception,” he announced a statewide tour after the budget session, booth-level organisational strengthening, and mass movements on public issues.

“We will not limit ourselves to slogans. We will build movements against injustice at every level,” Tejashwi said, adding that the RJD would work to make those in power “restless.”

The remarks mark a clear shift from Tejashwi Yadav’s earlier strategy of restraint to open political confrontation, signalling the start of active opposition mobilisation in Bihar.

–IANS

ajk/skp

Post navigation

Delhi L-G Saxena hosts ‘At Home’ at Lok Niwas on occasion of 77th Republic Day
WPL 2026: Henry, Minnu come in as Delhi Capitals elect to bowl first against RCB, Arundhati is back

Related Post

Jain community in grief, outrage as car runs over three Sadhvis; two dead, accused held in MP’s Rewa
May 21, 2026
PM Modi’s 5-nation tour solidified India’s status as an indispensable global power: BJP
May 21, 2026
Gujarat: One held with hybrid ganja valued at Rs 69.12 lakh
May 21, 2026
Fuel dispensing continues without curbs in Maharashtra
May 21, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • IPL 2026: Pandey, Powell, and bowlers keep...
  • Jain community in grief, outrage as car...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer