• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
India News News

No merger for NCP factions, Sharad Pawar-led NCP-SP dismisses reunification talks

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • May 20, 2026
  • 0 COMMENTS

Mumbai, May 20 (IANS) Maharashtra NCP-SP President Shashikant Shinde on Wednesday firmly squashed the rumours of a reconciliation, reunification or merger with the Ajit Pawar-led NCP faction.

He said that the question of a merger is entirely closed and that no such discussions are on the table.

“There is absolutely no discussion regarding a merger. The topic is completely over,” he added.

During a high-level meeting of the NCP-SP faction on Wednesday, the party leadership explicitly ruled out any possibility of a merger with the Ajit Pawar-led NCP.

Shinde was speaking to reporters after the meeting which was chaired by the party President Sharad Pawar and attended by key stalwarts, including NCP-SP MP Supriya Sule, Jayant Patil, and other senior office-bearers.

The NCP-SP insiders reveal that several party workers and leaders demanded an official stance on the rumoured merger to clear ambiguity among the cadre.

Shinde reiterated that “There will be no merger of the two NCP factions”.

Instead, he announced that the party will focus on strengthening the organisational base and build a formidable opposition by launching agitations against the Maharashtra government over number of issues, including farmers plight, rising prices of essential commodities, shortages of petrol and diesel, irregularities in NEET exams, among others.

While Sharad Pawar did not directly speak on the matter, political observers note that the announcement was made in his presence, signalling his implicit endorsement of the decision.

Shinde indicated that the top priority for the party moving forward is to eliminate ambiguity among the grassroots cadre and focus heavily on organisation building.

He emphasised that the leadership’s primary focus is now to fortify the existing party setup.

Shinde asserted that the NCP-SP will aggressively position itself to build a capable, strong, and highly visible Opposition voice against the current ruling BJP-led MahaYuti alliance.

He confirmed that this collective stance was finalised during the high-level meet in the direct presence of party patriarch Sharad Pawar, alongside senior leaders like Supriya Sule and Jayant Patil, giving the statement complete official authority.

Shinde’s statement comes when rumours frequently surfaced that the NCP factions might reconcile, leading to a unified NCP.

However, Wednesday’s official declaration draws a firm line in the sand, confirming that both factions will continue to chart entirely separate political destinies ahead of the upcoming electoral battles.

Last week, Sharad Pawar said that the talks about reunification were held between former Deputy Chief Minister late Ajit Pawar and former State NCP-SP President Jayant Patil.

However, the NCP-SP Chief added that after the untimely demise of Ajit Pawar in a plane crash in Baramati on January 28, the talks of a merger between the two factions of NCP is over now.

–IANS

sj/khz

Post navigation

U23 one-day tournament converted to T20, CK Nayudu winners vs Rest of India fixture reinstated in 2026/27 season
PM Modi gifting Melody toffees to Meloni breaks internet, video crosses past 100 million views

Related Post

Ahmedabad’s NID develops lightweight, ergonomic parcel trolley for Indian Railways
May 21, 2026
Rajasthan: ‘Bharat Taxi’ service to be launched in Jaipur in 1st week of June
May 21, 2026
Punjab Police bust international drug cartel, 10 kg ICE seized
May 21, 2026
Tension in Patna as police halt RJD student wing’s protest march on NEET issue
May 21, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • Ahmedabad’s NID develops lightweight, ergonomic parcel trolley...
  • Rajasthan: ‘Bharat Taxi’ service to be launched...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer