• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
India News News

Dewas firecracker factory blast: Main accused Mukesh Vij arrested at Delhi airport

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • May 21, 2026
  • 0 COMMENTS

New Delhi/Dewas, May 21 (IANS) In a major breakthrough in the Tonkkala firecracker factory blast case, Dewas police have arrested the main accused, Mukesh Vij, from New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport, an official said.

Vij was returning from Guangzhou, China, when the special police team nabbed him on Thursday morning using a Look Out Circular and other intelligence inputs.

A tragic incident recently occurred at a firecracker unit in Tonkkala area of Madhya Pradesh’s Dewas district, where a massive explosion and subsequent fire claimed the lives of more than five persons and left over twenty others injured.

The blast sent shockwaves across the district and triggered a sharp political confrontation between Congress and BJP leaders, with both sides trading allegations of negligence and lax enforcement of safety norms.

Following the incident, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Mohan Yadav directed formation of a special investigation team. Acting swiftly on his instructions, Dewas police constituted a dedicated squad to track down the culprits.

So far, five people have been arrested in connection with the case.

Apart from Mukesh Vij, police have also arrested a minor, Mahesh Chauhan, a resident of Uttarakhand, along with Anil, Mohammad Ayaz, and Kapil Vij.

SP Puneet Gehlod said that a special team of 13 officers was formed to investigate the matter thoroughly. The Madhya Pradesh government has announced ex-gratia compensation of Rs 10 lakh each to the families of the deceased.

The entire operation is being monitored by senior officers including ADG Rakesh Gupta and Range IG Navneet Bhasin. Police officials stated that the investigation is being conducted in a scientific and professional manner.

They have assured that strict legal action will be taken against all those found guilty, irrespective of their position. Further probes are underway to determine the exact cause of the blast, lapses in safety protocols, and the full network behind the illegal operations at the unit.

–IANS

sktr/pgh

Post navigation

‘He will recover 100 per cent’: Nadal backs Alcaraz to return stronger after wrist injury setback
‘Break the barrier’: Healthy Ministry focused on better access to treatment for childhood cancer

Related Post

Row erupts over KMC notice on property linked to Abhishek Banerjee’s family
May 21, 2026
K’taka Cong protests over NEET leaks; CM Siddaramaiah criticizes Centre, demands Pradhan’s resignation
May 21, 2026
The next decade decisive for India-Cyprus economic partnership, says Maha CM Fadnavis
May 21, 2026
CM Majhi hails PM Modi for showcasing Odisha’s heritage to Norway’s Royal Couple
May 21, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • Row erupts over KMC notice on property...
  • K’taka Cong protests over NEET leaks; CM...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer