• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
India News News

Delhi Police busts mobile snatching gang in Madhu Vihar; four arrested

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • May 23, 2026
  • 0 COMMENTS

New Delhi, May 23 (IANS) In a major breakthrough, the staff of Police Station Madhu Vihar in East Delhi busted an active snatching gang and arrested four accused on Saturday. The criminals were involved in multiple cases of mobile phone snatching and thefts across the district. Police recovered two stolen mobile phones and a motorcycle used in the commission of the crimes.

The accused were apprehended near Ghazipur Gol Chakkar in the Khichripur area following sustained surveillance, technical investigation, and local Intelligence gathering.

Police officials said the successful operation reflects the East District Police’s continued efforts to curb street crime and ensure public safety.

According to police, the case originated from a complaint lodged on May 15 at PS Madhu Vihar. The victim alleged that his mobile phone had been snatched near Telco T-Point, Hassanpur, during the intervening night of May 14 and 15 at around 3 A.M.

Based on the complaint, an FIR No. 169/2026 was registered under relevant Sections of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), and an investigation was launched immediately.

Considering the seriousness of the offence and the increasing incidents of street crime in the area, a dedicated police team comprising Head Constable Sachin Tyagi, Head Constable Arun, and Head Constable Neeraj was formed under the leadership of SHO Rajesh Vijay Vargis and under the supervision of ACP Tilak Chandra Bisht.

During the investigation, police analysed footage from nearly 100 CCTV cameras installed around the crime scene and adjoining routes. Officials said continuous surveillance, local enquiries, and technical analysis helped establish the movement pattern and identities of the accused persons.

Acting on a tip-off, the police team conducted a raid near Ghazipur Gol Chakkar, Khichripur, where all four accused were apprehended successfully.

The arrested accused have been identified as Vishal alias Atul, 26, Rajesh alias Raje, 24, Raj Kumar alias Shetty, 39, and Ram Prakash alias Anil, 29, all residents of Khichripur, Delhi.

During interrogation, the accused allegedly confessed to their involvement in the present case and other criminal activities. Based on their disclosure, police recovered a grey-coloured OnePlus mobile phone linked to an e-FIR registered under Section 303(2) BNS, a Lava mobile phone connected to another FIR registered at PS Madhu Vihar, and a black Hero Splendor motorcycle bearing registration number DL3R-22, which was used in the offence.

Police said two of the accused are habitual offenders with extensive criminal records. Raj Kumar alias Shetty, who is listed as a ‘Bad Character’ at PS Kalyanpuri, is allegedly involved in 21 criminal cases in Delhi. Another accused, Ram Prakash alias Anil, is also listed as a ‘Bad Character’ and has previously been involved in eight criminal cases.

The remaining accused, Vishal and Rajesh, reportedly worked as labourers and were allegedly drug addicts. Vishal had earlier been involved in two criminal cases, while no previous criminal record was found against Rajesh.

All four accused were produced before the court and subsequently remanded to judicial custody. Police said further investigation is underway to determine their involvement in additional criminal cases across Delhi.

–IANS

jk/rad

Post navigation

Cyber sleuths begin probe into fake ‘Chief Minister VDS’ page
Boxing coach booked for allegedly sexually harassing minor girl student in Bengaluru

Related Post

Tamil Nadu govt cancels over 100 short-term tenders across key departments
May 23, 2026
Chennithala launches ‘Operation Toofan’ to crack down on Kerala drug mafia
May 23, 2026
Around 80 pc occupancy recorded at shelter homes in Ahmedabad amid rising temperatures
May 23, 2026
Coimbatore girl’s murder shocks TN; CM Vijay promises swift justice as two accused arrested
May 23, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • Tamil Nadu govt cancels over 100 short-term...
  • Pakistan lacks deep ‘structural reforms’, stares at...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer