• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
India News News

NIA chargesheets 23rd accused in Lawrence Bishnoi gang-Babbar Khalsa nexus case

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • May 19, 2026
  • 0 COMMENTS

New Delhi, May 18 (IANS) The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Monday filed charges against the 23rd accused in a Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) and Lawrence Bishnoi gang terror nexus case of 2022, an official said.

In the sixth chargesheet filed before NIA Special Court at Patiala House Court in New Delhi in the case RC- 39/2022/NIA/DLI, accused Arjit Kumar alias Ajit was charged under various sections of IPC and Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.

Arjit is the 23rd accused to be chargesheeted in the case, related to a terror conspiracy by the dreaded Lawrence Bishnoi gang and the proscribed BKI to spread terrorism in India, the NIA said in a statement.

He, along with 19 other accused, is under arrest while three others are absconding, the NIA said.

The case, initially filed by the Special Cell of Delhi Police in August 2022, was subsequently taken over for investigation by the NIA.

The anti-terror agency found, during its probe, that Arjit had colluded with co-accused to facilitate members of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang to carry out terrorist activities on Indian soil and flee the country.

Investigations by the NIA revealed that the accused had fraudulently arranged passports and visas for the gang members.

An accused in the instant case, identified as Sachin Bishnoi, and some other gang members had used such fake travel documents to escape the country.

In October last year, the NIA had charge sheeted the 22nd accused in the case.

In its fifth charge sheet filed before the NIA Special Court, Patiala House, Delhi, the NIA had charged Rahul Sarkar with facilitating members of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang in committing terror activities in India.

According to the charge sheet, Sarkar also assisted the gang members in fleeing the country by preparing and arranging forged identity documents, such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID and Bank Passbook.

The accused further used the fake documents to aid the gang members, including co-accused Sachin Bishnoi, in fraudulently procuring passports to flee the country and carry on with their terror activities, the NIA investigations revealed.

–IANS

rch/pgh

Post navigation

India to keep buying Russian oil despite US waiver expiry
Saurabh Vijay takes charge as CEO of Unique Identification Authority of India

Related Post

Rajasthan begins talent identification drive for 2028 Olympic Games
May 19, 2026
Gujarat: GSRTC launches new Volvo service on Delhi-Mumbai expressway, revises Ahmedabad-Bhavnagar route
May 19, 2026
Bengal: ED arrests Sona Pappu in financial fraud, extortion case (Lead)​
May 19, 2026
PM Modi attends India-Norway Business and Research Summit, several pacts signed
May 19, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • Sierra Leone enhances border surveillance after Ebola...
  • Rajasthan begins talent identification drive for 2028...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer