• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
India News News

8.4 lakh women issued ‘Pink Saheli NCMC Smart Cards’ for free bus travel: Delhi CM

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • May 20, 2026
  • 0 COMMENTS

New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) To make the free travel facility for women smarter and more modern, the DTC has been issuing ‘Pink Saheli NCMC Smart Cards’ free of cost since March 2, and the number of beneficiaries has crossed 8.40 lakh, Delhi Chief Minister Rekha Gupta said on Tuesday.

Launched under the ‘One Nation, One Card’ initiative, this ‘Zero-KYC’ card is being issued rapidly following linkage with a mobile number and Aadhaar verification, said Chief Minister Gupta.

Currently, the cards are being distributed through 73 centres, including 36 DTC Pass Sections, 17 District Magistrate and Sub-Divisional Magistrate offices, and 20 special camps. Additional distribution points are also being set up in various areas as required, the statement said.

In the future, this card, once topped up, will be usable not only on DTC buses but also on the Delhi Metro, the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS), and other public transport networks, it said.

As of May 18, a total of 840,618 ‘Pink Saheli NCMC Smart Cards’ have been issued. Currently, both the pink paper tickets and the pink cards remain valid; however, the free travel facility will soon be accessible exclusively through the Pink Smart Card, it said.

Earlier, the Chief Minister said the Centre, under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has been working towards building a modern, world-class, and future-ready infrastructure network for the capital.

Speaking after a press briefing by Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari over road and connectivity projects across Delhi-NCR to tackle traffic congestion and pollution, the Chief Minister said that projects worth Rs 1.31 lakh crore had already been sanctioned for the development of the Delhi-NCR region over the past 12 years.

She said Delhi’s traffic situation would have been unimaginable today had the Centre not pushed ahead with the construction of expressways, elevated corridors, tunnels, and signal-free road networks under the Union Minister’s leadership.

–IANS

rch/dan

Post navigation

BJP ex-MP Ramesh Bidhuri attends Delhi CEO meet, offers workers’ support for SIR
DRDO achieves development trials of precision guided missile launched by unmanned aerial vehicle

Related Post

Suvendu Adhikari aide murder case: CBI arrest fifth accused from UP’s Varanasi
May 20, 2026
‘One Nation, One Election’ could save Rs 7 lakh crore: JPC Chairperson
May 20, 2026
Morbi ceramic units rise from 83 to over 670 as Gujarat secures gas supply during West Asia crisis
May 20, 2026
Bihar: Patna administration on alert over TRE-4 aspirants’ protest
May 20, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • IPL 2026: Frustrated Rishabh Pant allegedly uses...
  • Suvendu Adhikari aide murder case: CBI arrest...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer