• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
India News News

Indore water contamination: 4 new diarrhoea cases push hospitalised count to 41

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • January 11, 2026
  • 0 COMMENTS

Indore, Jan 10 (IANS) With four new cases of diarrhoea traced in the last 24 hours in Indore’s Bhagirathpura area, the number of patients admitted in hospitals rose to 41 on Saturday, including 12 in intensive care units (ICUs), according to Chief Health and Medical Officer (CHMO) Dr Madhav Prasad Hasani.

There were 11 patients admitted to ICU wards on Friday. However, the health condition of one more patient admitted to a general ward in a hospital deteriorated on Saturday and the patient has now been shifted to the ICU.

So far, a total of 420 diarrhoea patients have been admitted, out of whom 379 have been discharged from more than 30 hospitals since contaminated drinking water triggered a health crisis in Indore’s Bhagirathpura area a few days ago.

However, local BJP leader and Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Minister Kailash Vijayvargiya said on Saturday that the health situation in Indore’s Bhagirathpura area, where contaminated drinking water killed several people recently, is steadily returning to normal.

During a visit to the Bhagirathpura area on Saturday morning, Vijayvargiya told media persons that 30 per cent work on laying a new pipeline to provide Narmada drinking water has been completed and the samples are being tested at multiple locations. He said that Narmada water supply in some parts of the Bhagirathpura area will start in the next two-three days.

The Minister said that water samples from over 100 borewells in the area were found contaminated and people have been advised to drink water supplied only through tankers. Vijayvargiya also said he has directed Indore district collector Shivram Verma to order a ban on granting permission for new borewells.

Vijayvargiya also said that the administration has decided to conduct a health check-up of every resident in the Bhagirathpura area and the process has already started. He said that multiple teams of medical staff have been deployed to carry out health check-ups during door-to-door visits in the area.

“There are around 50,000-60,000 people residing in Bhagirathpura area and their health check-up is being conducted by multiple teams of medical staff, and if someone’s health condition is found to be deteriorating, he/she will be provided better treatment,” Vijayvargiya said.

Meanwhile, Additional Chief Secretary (ACS) to Chief Minister Mohan Yadav Neeraj Mandloi, along with ACS and Indore in-charge Anupam Rajan, district collector Shivram Verma and Indore Municipal Commissioner Kshitij Singhal, carried out an inspection to take stock of the situation on the ground. During the inspection, officials were seen interacting with residents.

ACS Neeraj Mandloi said that water supply in one-third area of Bhagirathpura will be resumed in the next one or two days.

“Around a 15-20 km-long water pipeline is being laid, but it will take time. Approval for all development works has been given and the entire work will be completed in the next one or two months,” Mandloi told media persons.

–IANS

pd/pgh

Post navigation

Two arrested for burning saffron flags in MP’s Betul
SIR exercise: ECI appoints four more special observers for West Bengal

Related Post

AIIMS Bhopal research stresses early screening for children with sickle cell disease
May 22, 2026
First day in Assam Assembly feels like first day at school: Cong MLA
May 22, 2026
Assam legislator backs EV use, says reducing fuel imports vital for economy
May 22, 2026
Umar Khalid moves Delhi High Court seeking interim bail
May 22, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • AIIMS Bhopal research stresses early screening for...
  • First day in Assam Assembly feels like...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer