• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
India News News

Manipur begins phased resettlement of violence‑hit displaced families

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • March 17, 2026
  • 0 COMMENTS

Imphal, March 16 (IANS) Manipur Home Minister Konthoujam Govindas Singh on Monday informed the state Assembly that the resettlement process of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), affected by ethnic violence in the state, has begun in a phased manner.

Replying to a question raised by Congress MLA Thokchom Lokeshwar Singh, he said the government has initiated steps to gradually rehabilitate those displaced by the ethnic unrest.

Earlier, Chief Minister Yumnam Khemchand Singh had announced a budgetary provision of Rs 350 crore in the state budget to assist women affected by the recent ethnic violence.

According to the Chief Minister, the financial assistance is expected to benefit around 3.5 lakh women impacted across Manipur.

Last month, Manipur Governor Ajay Kumar Bhalla and the Chief Minister separately met Union Home Minister Amit Shah in New Delhi to discuss key issues concerning the state, including the rehabilitation of internally displaced persons.

Responding to another question raised by Congress legislator Surjakumar Okram, the Home Minister said a total of 1,435 cadres of the United National Liberation Front (UNLF) have been verified so far. He said each cadre is currently being provided a monthly stipend of Rs 6,000.

The UNLF faction led by Pambei had signed a tripartite peace agreement with the Government of India and the Manipur government on November 29, 2023. The Home Minister said the peace agreement remains in force and the ground rules for its implementation have already been framed.

He said the Government of India has released funds paid in five instalments amounting to Rs 5.83 crore, covering the period from December 2023 to April 2024.

Meanwhile, responding to a separate calling attention motion raised by Congress Legislature Party leader Keisham Meghachandra Singh regarding the recent hailstorm, the Chief Minister said he has directed the concerned Deputy Commissioners to assist families affected by the disaster.

He said geotagged photographs of the assessed locations would be provided by the authorities.

Priority would first be given to damaged houses, followed by an assessment of crop losses.

–IANS

sc/dan

Post navigation

Tamil Nadu BJP slams TVK leader’s remarks on Rajinikanth
Gram Nyayalayas should not function just 2-3 days in a week: House panel

Related Post

Raja Ram Mohan Roy’s ideologies will forever illuminate path of nation-building: Amit Shah
May 22, 2026
Murder accused injured in police encounter during weapon recovery operation in Bihar’s Jehanabad
May 22, 2026
Zubeen Garg: Gauhati HC to hear bail plea of accused festival organiser today
May 22, 2026
PM Modi stresses reforms for ‘Ease of Living, Business’ for Viksit Bharat in council of ministers meeting
May 22, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • S. Korea to widen travel ban in...
  • Budapest airport faces record traffic pressure ahead...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer