• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
India News News

Naxal sub-zonal commander with Rs 5 lakh bounty surrenders in Jharkhand’s Latehar

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • April 2, 2026
  • 0 COMMENTS

Latehar (Jharkhand), April 2 (IANS) Two days after the country was declared free of Naxals (Maoists), security forces achieved a significant breakthrough in Jharkhand’s Latehar.

Surendra Lohra alias ‘Tiger’, a sub-zonal commander of the banned Maoist outfit Jharkhand Janmukti Parishad (JJP), surrendered before the police in the district on Thursday, officials said.

Lohra, who carried a bounty of Rs 5 lakh on his head, laid down arms in the presence of Palamu Range IG Shailendra Kumar Sinha and Latehar Superintendent of Police Kumar Gaurav.

A resident of Manjar village under Latehar Sadar police station limits, he had been associated with various Maoist groups for nearly two decades.

Police officials said Lohra is wanted in multiple serious cases registered across different police stations in the district, underscoring his long-standing involvement in extremist activities.

Welcoming his surrender, IG Sinha attributed the development to the state government’s rehabilitation initiative ‘Nayi Disha’. He said the initiative aims to bring Maoist cadres back into the mainstream of society.

He said Lohra was briefed in detail about the benefits and support available under the policy, which played a key role in his decision to abandon the path of violence.

SP Kumar Gaurav highlighted that 28 Maoists have surrendered in Latehar district during his tenure of around one and a half years. He said this is the result of the growing impact of sustained anti-Naxal (Maoist) operations combined with rehabilitation efforts.

He described Lohra’s surrender as a “major milestone” in the ongoing campaign to make Latehar Maoist-free.

At the same time, the SP issued a stern warning to those still involved in insurgent activities. He urged them to take advantage of the government’s surrender policy or face strict action by security forces.

Several senior police officials, including DSP Vinod Ravani, Inspector Pramod Kumar, and Station House Officer Krishna Pal Singh Pavaiya, were present during the surrender ceremony.

–IANS

snc/skp/vd

Post navigation

ECI bars opinion polls during 48-hour silence period before Assembly poll voting
From 15-foot sand sculpture to 7,000 kg laddu: Hanuman Jayanti celebrated with great fervour nationwide

Related Post

19th Rozgar Mela: New recruits from Vadodara, Bengaluru express joy after getting appointment letters 
May 23, 2026
From Gagangir to Pahalgam: How Operation Mahadev ended TRF’s deadly terror trail in Kashmir
May 23, 2026
Karnataka govt hikes minimum wages by 60 per cent; over 1 crore workers to benefit
May 23, 2026
Fuel excise duty cut results in Rs 30,000 crore cost for central exchequer, no burden on consumers
May 23, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • 19th Rozgar Mela: New recruits from Vadodara,...
  • From Gagangir to Pahalgam: How Operation Mahadev...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer