• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
India News News

NEET paper leak probe expands to Nagpur, CBI grills three candidates from Vidarbha

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • May 20, 2026
  • 0 COMMENTS

Nagpur, May 19 (IANS) The investigation into the alleged NEET-UG 2026 examination paper leak case has reached Nagpur, where a Delhi-based Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team, along with officials from the agency’s Nagpur unit, questioned three candidates linked to the matter on Tuesday, sources said.

According to CBI sources, the Delhi team, accompanied by officials from the Nagpur unit of the agency, jointly questioned three candidates from Maharashtra’s Vidarbha region in connection with the ongoing probe into alleged irregularities in the NEET examination.

Sources said that two of the candidates are residents of Nagpur, while the third belongs to Brahmapuri in Maharashtra’s Chandrapur district.

As part of the investigation, the CBI teams also carried out search operations at the residences of all three candidates to collect relevant evidence and verify details related to the NEET exam paper leak case.

The candidates are currently being questioned by the central agency. However, officials have not made any detention or arrest in the matter so far.

The probe is part of the wider investigation being conducted by the CBI into alleged irregularities and paper leak allegations related to the NEET examination, which had triggered nationwide concern among students and parents.

The CBI had registered the case on May 12 following a complaint from the Department of Higher Education under the Union Ministry of Education.

The central agency has been examining multiple leads across different states to identify those involved in the suspected malpractice network and ascertain whether any organised racket operated while conducting the NEET examination.

The CBI has also conducted searches at multiple locations across the country and seized several incriminating documents, laptops and mobile phones, which are currently under forensic analysis.

As of now, the CBI has arrested 10 accused persons from Delhi, Jaipur, Gurugram, Nashik, Pune, Latur and Ahilyanagar.

Investigation is continuing with the special teams, and the probe so far has brought out the actual source of the leakage of Chemistry and Biology papers, which were circulated before the NEET exam, the CBI said.

–IANS

sn/khz

Post navigation

IPL 2026: Shami, Markram miss as LSG asked to bat by Jaiswal-led RR
Delhi: NDMC chief takes Metro to office, asks staff to adopt green mobility

Related Post

FM Sitharaman urges top US nuclear firms to invest in India
May 20, 2026
Bihar CM reviews India-Nepal border security, pushes for strong surveillance
May 20, 2026
Two-year-old girl abducted from Jharkhand rescued in MP’s Singrauli
May 20, 2026
‘Will return strongly’: Pinarayi Vijayan breaks silence amid growing revolt within CPM
May 20, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • Zambia to adapt India’s eVIN platform to...
  • Alcaraz pulls out of Wimbledon and Queen’s...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer