• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
India News News

Raj HC grants interim relief to petitioners in SI recruitment 2021 re-examination case

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • May 20, 2026
  • 0 COMMENTS

Jaipur, May 20 (IANS) In a significant relief to candidates challenging the re-examination process of the SI Recruitment-2021, the Rajasthan High Court on Wednesday directed the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) to provisionally allow the petitioners to appear in the examination by giving them an opportunity to edit their application forms.

The order was passed by the bench of Justice Anand Sharma while hearing petitions filed by Prashanjeet Singh, Devendra Saini, Madhusudan Sharma and others.

Counsel for the petitioners argued that the candidates had applied for the original SI Recruitment-2021 examination but, due to various reasons, could not appear in both papers of the examination process. However, the RPSC is presently permitting only those candidates to participate in the re-examination who had appeared in both papers during the original examination conducted in 2021.

The petitioners contended that in previous cancelled recruitment examinations, including EO-RO and LDC recruitments, all applicants were allowed to participate in the re-examinations. Denying the same benefit in SI Recruitment-2021 amounts to a violation of Articles 14 and 16 of the Constitution, relating to equality and equal opportunity, they said.

They further informed the Court that through a press note issued on May 8, the Commission had opened the application-editing window from May 16-30 only for candidates who had appeared in both papers earlier.

After hearing arguments from both sides, the Court directed the RPSC to provisionally permit the petitioners to appear in the examination and allow them to edit their application forms. Advocates Raghunandan Sharma, Rampratap Saini, Nikhil Kumawat and Ravindra Saini appeared for the petitioners.

During the hearing, the RPSC submitted that more than four lakh candidates had merely filled out application forms in the original recruitment process but did not actually appear for the examination.

The Commission argued that many of these candidates may now be employed elsewhere or may no longer be preparing for the examination. Allowing all such candidates to participate again would require scrutiny of nearly four lakh additional application forms, which would be extremely difficult, the RPSC told the Court. Around 7.95 lakh candidates had applied for SI Recruitment-2021.

However, only 3,83,097 candidates appeared in both papers of the written examination conducted between September 13 and September 15, 2021. The Commission had therefore restricted eligibility for the re-examination to only those candidates.

The SI Recruitment-2021 process had earlier been cancelled by a Single Bench of the Rajasthan High Court through an order dated August 28, 2025. The decision was later upheld by a Division Bench on April 4, 2026.

The selected trainee SIs subsequently challenged the decision in the Supreme Court. However, on May 4, a bench comprising Justice Dipankar Datta and Justice Satish Chandra Sharma dismissed the Special Leave Petition filed by the selected candidates, effectively upholding the cancellation of the recruitment process.

–IANS

arc/dpb

Post navigation

‘Complete shutdown’: Nationwide chemists’ strike against online pharmacy sales
Russian crude imports increase to 41 pc, supply secured till July: BPCL

Related Post

Greater Noida dowry death case: Deepika Nagar’s mother-in-law arrested
May 20, 2026
TN power sector burdened by massive debt: Minister blames previous DMK regime
May 20, 2026
Raj Police probe interstate fraud network as 3 held at Jaipur airport with fake tourist visas
May 20, 2026
Kolkata Mayor denies knowledge of KMC sending notices on 17 properties linked to Abhishek Banerjee
May 20, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • Sensex, Nifty end higher after sharp recovery...
  • Bharat Tex 2026 app to boost AI-driven...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer