• About Us
  • Our Editorial Policy
  • Business Directory
  • Advertise with Us
  • Our Advertisers
  • Contact Us
Australia India News
India News Australia
  • Home
  • Current Issue
    Past Issue
  • India News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
    World This Week
  • Community News
  • What's On
  • Others
    Yoga in Australia News COVID-19 Community News Naari IPL News Health Travel Entertainment
  • Migrants Expo
  • National Events
  • Please wait..
Science

Gujarat: 184 discharged after suspected food poisoning at wedding in Dahod​

  • BY India News Newsdesk
  • April 22, 2026
  • 0 COMMENTS

Dahod, April 21 (IANS) The Gujarat government has sought a detailed report from district authorities after a mass illness linked to a private wedding function in Dahod left hundreds requiring medical attention, with 34 people still admitted in hospitals as of Tuesday.​

State Health Minister Praful Pansheriya said the incident occurred on Monday evening at a private event and confirmed that government facilities were treating the affected persons.​

“The incident occurred yesterday evening at a private event. Civil Hospital is treating the patients who were affected. I have sought a detailed report from the district administration. The report will be submitted in 1–2 days,” he told IANS.​

Health officials said 184 people have been discharged so far after treatment, while others with milder symptoms were managed at local hospitals and primary health centres.​

Providing details of the incident, Dr Rajiv Damor, Resident Medical Officer at Zydus Hospital in Dahod, said the wedding function was attended by around 200 guests.​

“Yesterday evening, there was a wedding function at Dahod, which was attended by around 200 people. Those who were affected severely, with abdominal pain, diarrhoea and vomiting, were referred to Zydus hospital,” he said.​

Doctors said patients began reporting symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhoea, and vomiting shortly after consuming food at the event, prompting a large-scale medical response.​

Several were transported to hospitals by ambulance and private vehicles as the number of cases rose.​

Dr Nayan Joshi, Dahod epidemic officer, confirmed that the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has joined the investigation.​

“FSSAI officials are currently at the site assisting state authorities with sample collection. The findings will be shared soon,” he said.​

Authorities have collected food samples from the wedding venue for laboratory analysis to determine the cause of the suspected food poisoning.​

While officials have not confirmed the source of contamination, preliminary scrutiny is focused on items served during the function.​

Earlier reports indicated that the number of people affected crossed several hundred, with many requiring hospitalisation and emergency care across multiple facilities in the district.​

No deaths have been reported, and most patients are stated to be in stable condition.​

Food safety incidents at large gatherings have periodically drawn scrutiny from regulators, and the FSSAI has prescribed hygiene and handling standards for mass catering.​

Officials said further administrative and legal action will be based on the findings of the district report and laboratory results, which are expected in the coming days.​

–IANS

mys/dan

​

Post navigation

IPL 2026: Aquib Nabi misses out as DC elect to bowl against SRH
Telangana RTC employees to go ahead with strike

Related Post

Bangladesh: 13 more die of measles outbreak, overall death toll climbs to 512
May 24, 2026
Rise in Mpox cases in Pakistan signals strain on public health care infrastructure
May 24, 2026
Confirmed Ebola cases in Uganda rise to five
May 23, 2026
UN allocates up to $60 mn to accelerate response to Ebola outbreak in Congo
May 23, 2026

Our Current Issue

Australia IA – May 16-31, 2026

Alluring India 2026

Alluring India 2026

Our Advertisers

  • Battery Rebate australia
  • Bess Australia Solar Panels

Follow Us

  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
INDIA NEWS on YouTube in Australia, bring to our readers and subscribers national and international news, editorials, expert columns, community activities and interviews of political leaders, celebrities, business professionals, academics and sport personalities among others.
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • facebook

Category

  • Accident
  • Adani Australia
  • Advertorial
  • Arts & Culture
  • Ashes 2022
  • Australia

Recent News

  • SM Krishna Open: Adil Kalyanpur/Mukund Sasikumar win...
  • IPL 2026: It’s my first hundred and...

Subscribe Newsletter

Get the latest creative news from india news

  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer